J. Michael Mooney
Chairman & Co Founder
Scope of Professional Services
Mike Mooney is a Principal, Co-Founder, Chairman and sits on investment committee for MLG Capital. Mike has more than 49 years of diverse and often complex brokerage, development, investment, consulting and planning experience.
Background and Experience
Mike has been widely recognized for his achievements and industry leadership having received numerous awards from national, international, regional, state and local organizations. His insights, experience and the respect he carries have often helped create, refine or eliminate unnecessary laws and regulations. He has served many times as Founder, Director, Officer, Chairman or combinations thereof in various industry or non-profit organizations.
Professional Affiliations and Designations
- Member—NAI Global Leadership Board, 12 years (Chairman for two terms)
- Co-Founder, Past President, and Longtime Director of NAIOP WI—The
Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Board Member of the Wisconsin Realtors Association, 3 years
- Director of the Wisconsin Economic Development Association, 12 years
- Director-Emeritus of the Waukesha County Business Alliance
- Co-Founder, Co-Chairman of the Dozer Day Fundraiser, 12 years
- Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame
- The “J. Michael Mooney Award”, created by the Wisconsin Chapter of NAIOP “for extraordinary leadership in advancing economic development in Wisconsin”.
- Commercial Association of Realtors-Wisconsin, “Realtor of the Year” (2006); Political Leader of the Year (2003)
- NAI Global – “Lifetime Achievement Award, for his years of dedication and leadership to the NAI Global Network.”
- Business Journal— “One of SE Wisconsin’s most influential Power Broker’s,” “Who’s Who in Business.”
- WRA Chairman’s Citation Award (2015)
Significant Transactions and Assignments
- Sample Major Clients: Quad/Graphics, Harley Davidson, Gardetto’s Snacks, Champion International, Green Giant Foods, Baptisia’s Bakery, Allen Bradley.